A/W has gone all sophisticated on us! Gone is the colour blocking and neon brights of summer, say hello to neutral tones, classic shapes and elegant lines. Don’t worry for those of you who like to stand out from the crowd there are still some interesting patterns seeing us through until winter as well as some fabulously luxurious textures, as seen in these designer bags.
1. First on the list had to be the oxblood/burgundy trend. Reds always make an appearance at this time of year but this year’s shade is deep and seductive. Berry was seen on nearly every catwalk this season whether it was clothing, shoes, make-up or bags. This little number is perfection in a clutch, not only is the shade delicious it’s silky and velvety to the touch. Clutches will still be a big staple in our wardrobes and this elegant design won’t date.
2. Never under-estimate a good satchel. A classic style that will transcend seasons and become a firm favourite. This autumnal green is wonderfully on trend and as “classic” is this seasons “trendy” it’s bang on style.
3. Embroidery and applique were big on the catwalks but it can be slightly harder to translate into an everyday wardrobe. It’s easier to work at night when you’re a little more dressed up and a nice decorative clutch can really finish off an outfit. Probably more suited to the vintage lovers out there but definitely worth giving it a go.
4. Yes berry again, sorry but it is such a fabulous shade it made the list twice. Totes, surprise surprise, are going nowhere. Perfect for everyday use and this one hits two trends on the head with the berry tone and the croc print.
5. Also a combination of two trends, studs and width. Studs are everywhere at the minute so any accessory with a few studs on is a good idea. We’ve also seen more and more structured handbags that are wider in style than they are in height. The irregular shape on this one teamed with the studs makes it classic yet edgy.
6. Structured, check. Neutral tone, check. Over-sized, check. What more can I say? Everything you want in one bag that will last through the seasons. Simply brilliant.
7. Animal prints are sticking around and this bag gives you the reptile print and great texture. If animal prints aren’t your thing but you still want to give prints a go try a digital print.
8. Is grey the new black? Well, not quite but it’s up there with the neutral tones for A/W. A nice oversized bag in a pink or grey hue will see you right through winter and will style easily with most things in your wardrobe without stealing the limelight.