You know it’s coming…the dreaded office party and gift exchange. Every year it’s the same…passing around gifts no one wants, and you usually getting stuck with a gift basket of bath products.
Change it up this year with a gift that everyone will be fighting over! You don’t have to spend a whole lot of money to get a great gift, just follow these tips:
1) Gift Card: Get a gift card to a restaurant like Chili’s, The Outback or The Olive Garden. Everyone like’s dinner out…a $25 card should do fine for an office gift.
2) Night at the Movies: Make a gift basket for a stay at home night at the movies…get a new release DVD (with the return slip, in case they already have it) and a couple of sodas and microwave popcorn.
3) Massage: Get a gift certificate for a massage or foot and hand treatment at your local student beauty parlor…these usually run more affordable than a typical salon and are half the price.
4) Gas Card: Everyone will be fighting over this…with gas costing as much as gold these days, a gift certificate to a gas station is the perfect gift for anyone.
5) Cool Jewels: If you work in an office setting where there are lots of ladies, they will all be clamoring over a cool piece of jewelry. I like this one from D Celestine:
Just make sure that you pick out a pair that you like so you can snatch them up first!
Tell us your tips for great “White Elephant” gifts for co-workers…happy holidays!