Kate Moss Style Tips:
The supermodel and Topshop designer tells Life & Style how anyone can look amazing
1. Fail-safe party item: a little black dress.
2. The hot look of over-the-knee boots and a miniskirt is fine with bare legs if you’re in your teens, 20s or 30s. Anyone older should add opaque black tights.
3. Don’t be afraid to alter vintage outfits
When I was 17, I found a panther-motif black dress at a New York flea market. Recently, I chopped off the bottom and used it as inspiration for the mini dress version in my Topshop line.
4. A new hairstyle can transform your look
Be brave! Try a new hairstyle. It can inspire a new way of looking at your existing wardrobe.
1. Make the most of your figure:
If you have great legs, show them off with a short dress and heels or a fab pair of jeans. Wear what suits you rather than following
trends. Create your own style!
1. Never look like you tried too hard! Mismatching adds a personal touch
2. Don’t do the catwalk look head to toe:
Mix old with new and designers with high street. I wore a Chanel maxidress to my friend’s wedding with a 1930s blue velvet cape and huge Turkish hoop earrings, which gave the dress a totally different feel.
1. Handbag essentials for hitting the town: keys, cash, black eyeliner
2. Best jewelry for a night out: antique diamonds
3. For evening, try unexpected outerwear-dress combos:
Don’t be afraid to wear a battered leather jacket with a full-length gown or an extravagant, embroidered jacket with jeans and a T-shirt.
Pick up the latest Life & Style Weekly on newstands today!